Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

Today is December 26th, the day after Christmas.  I hope you are enjoying the season! I myself am having a lot of fun with my family this week.  In this post I thought I's just give you a taste (pun intended) of what I'm up to, food wise. Enjoy!

I made a house!  This is the biggest gingerbread house I've made so far.  I modeled it after a real dollhouse and cut out a template out of foam board.  Then I used melted sugar (just heat it on the stove) to hold the walls together and royal icing and candy to decorate.  I was a lot of fun and I'll definitely make another one next year.

Here's the back view of the gingerbread house. You can see the gingerbread man holding open the door.


Here are some of the cookies I made.  On top are snowball cookies, then hazelnut milk chocolate, and lastly the classic sugar cookie with royal icing.  They were gone in a flash :0 Also, this is a nice stand that I use for many of my desserts.

Well, that's all I have to share for now.  Have a great break everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment