Friday, January 25, 2013

Making the Fondant Decorations

Today's my brother's birthday! Today I'm going to bake and assemble his cake, which I'll share with you tomorrow. Now I'll show you the decorations I make from this fondant earlier. Just to let you know, the cake has an Umizoomi theme, and I made the characters Bot, Geo, and Mili.  I don't feel the need to explain how I made them, since the pictures show it all. 


My design. Let's see how it turns out.
To color fondant, add food coloring (I used wilton icing colors) and just knead it in until evenly mixed.



Cutting out Bot.




To make eyes, I took little pearl sprinkles and dyed them with black food coloring.


Done!


Now for Geo.



Mili



Finished decorations

I hope this inspired you! Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment