Thursday, February 21, 2013

Baked Coconut Pudding


 Tell me this doesn't look delicious.  It looks like a chewy, delicious bed made of sugar, doesn't it?  I wish that it was my size so that I could sleep on it.  That would be nice: "sweet dreams" taken literally.
  I've been pretty busy lately.  I don't know why, but I had so many tests and things this week.  Also, track tryouts are in a week!  I'm nervous but really excited at the same time (so cliché, isn't it).  I ran cross-country in the fall, but I've never run track before.

  Anyways, this "pudding" (which is more like a cake sorta-ish thing) is awesome.  I remember my mom used to make something similar to this before, with red beans I think.  This is a Chinese recipe, but I don't know what it's called in Chinese.  It's not too sweet, like a lot of Chinese desserts, and doesn't have a strong coconut flavor. It's made with only 6 ingredients: sweet rice flour, sugar, coconut milk, coconut cream, eggs, and vanilla.  It only takes less than 10 minutes of work, and it'll be ready in about an hour.  It's delicious served warm with some coconut ice cream, or plain and at room temperature.
   Plus, this technically fulfills one of the things on my "2013" list!
   Yum.  I could seriously eat this every day.  I was so sad when the last piece was gone.  I have to make this again.
 
Well, here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy!

Baked Coconut Pudding

serves 6-8
recipe adapted from Christine's Recipes

Ingredients

5 large eggs
1-1/2 cups to 2-1/2 cups (300g-500g) sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
1 400ml can coconut cream
100ml coconut milk (I used the lighter version)
1-1/2 cups (300g) glutinous or sweet rice flour
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a 9x13" pan with parchment paper and lightly grease or spray with oil.
  2. Beat eggs together until foamy and evenly mixed.  Add sugar and mix until well-combined.
  3. Add cream, milk, and flour, and vanilla and mix until well-combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  4. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
  5. Can be served immediately or stored at room temperature for a couple of days. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment